Thursday 30 December 2021
Books – Masrawy:
During the past seven years, Cairo Governorate witnessed an unprecedented boom in the road sector, and renewed hope for an end to the specter of traffic jams, which the capital has suffered from for decades.
The year 2021 also witnessed the capital’s celebration of the axis of Chancellor Adly Mansour, which was built using different construction systems that came according to the following:
– 5 packets of 50 V-shaped beams, pre-cast and pre-stressed, the weight of one beam is 230 tons, 40 meters long.
– 9 box section packets.
– 9 packets of 90 pre-cast T-beams, each beam weighs 165 tons and is 40 meters long.
– 4 metal buckets consisting of 42 beams, including one on the Peace Bridge, 75 meters long, and weighing 220 tons. It is the longest metal bucket on a land road.
– A system of slabs on piles with a length of 70 meters, and retaining walls with a length of 250 meters, with stairs and houses.
The Adly Mansour Bridge is 1250 meters long, 30 meters wide, and has 7 lanes.
– The new bridge contributes to eliminating the traffic jams that Al-Salam Tunnel used to witness before.
It aims to serve the residents of Al-Nozha, Al-Salam, Al-Marj, Ain Shams and Al-Mataria neighborhoods.
– One of the fruits of cooperation between the Engineering Authority of the Armed Forces and Cairo Governorate.
– The bridge starts in Mostorod in Raneen Square and extends to Ain Shams Bridge, passing through the old Mostorod Street and Trolley Street, then Ain Shams Bridge, then 6th of October Street until Jisr Al-Suez. 6 km long.
Cairo Governorate allocated EGP 248 million in compensation to the residents of 159 properties in the Mostorod axis, which is currently being implemented.